Vietnam's garment, textile exports up 11 pct in 6 months
Release Date: July 12, 2017
HANOI, July 12 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam earned nearly 14.6 billion U.S. dollars from exporting garments and textiles, mainly to American, European and Japanese markets, in the first half of this year, up 11.3 percent year-on-year.
Garment exports hit over 11.8 billion U.S. dollars in the six-month period, up 9.1 percent, while fiber and yarn surged 27.4 percent to roughly 1.7 billion U.S. dollars, according to the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade on Wednesday.
Vietnam's garment and textile export revenues are most likely to stand at 31.3 billion U.S dollars this year, said local experts.
In 2016, Vietnam's garment and textile exports reached 23.8 billion U.S. dollars, posting a modest growth rate of 4.5 percent due to thinner demand of key importers, said the ministry.
Source From: xinhuanet
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 September 20, 2018
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile September 17, 2018
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan September 10, 2018
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea September 7, 2018
- Footwear industry at technological crossroads September 6, 2018