Vietnam's garment, textile exports up 11 pct in 6 months
Release Date: July 12, 2017
HANOI, July 12 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam earned nearly 14.6 billion U.S. dollars from exporting garments and textiles, mainly to American, European and Japanese markets, in the first half of this year, up 11.3 percent year-on-year.
Garment exports hit over 11.8 billion U.S. dollars in the six-month period, up 9.1 percent, while fiber and yarn surged 27.4 percent to roughly 1.7 billion U.S. dollars, according to the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade on Wednesday.
Vietnam's garment and textile export revenues are most likely to stand at 31.3 billion U.S dollars this year, said local experts.
In 2016, Vietnam's garment and textile exports reached 23.8 billion U.S. dollars, posting a modest growth rate of 4.5 percent due to thinner demand of key importers, said the ministry.
Source From: xinhuanet
- Foreign investment surges 52% July 28, 2017
- Vinatex invests in technology to expand market share June 30, 2017
- Textile and garment industry undergoes restructuring June 24, 2017
- Vietnam to build fashion design, textile material trading centers June 23, 2017
- Business investments rise strongly in HCM City June 13, 2017