Vietnam's garment, textile exports up 11 pct in 6 months
News Type: Expo News
HANOI, July 12 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam earned nearly 14.6 billion U.S. dollars from exporting garments and textiles, mainly to American, European and Japanese markets, in the first half of this year, up 11.3 percent year-on-year.
Garment exports hit over 11.8 billion U.S. dollars in the six-month period, up 9.1 percent, while fiber and yarn surged 27.4 percent to roughly 1.7 billion U.S. dollars, according to the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade on Wednesday.
Vietnam's garment and textile export revenues are most likely to stand at 31.3 billion U.S dollars this year, said local experts.
In 2016, Vietnam's garment and textile exports reached 23.8 billion U.S. dollars, posting a modest growth rate of 4.5 percent due to thinner demand of key importers, said the ministry.
Source From: xinhuanet
- VTG 2018- the Most Integrated Platform Maximum Your Visiting Experience in Once November 20, 2018
- VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Boost with United Platforms November 19, 2018
- The 8th Asian Tour of Global No.1 Dye-Chemical Show- Interdye Asia Grand open on 21st November 2018 November 17, 2018
- Press Conference: VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry September 26, 2018
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 September 20, 2018