Vietnam to build fashion design, textile material trading centers
Release Date: June 23, 2017
Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City will build large centers for designing fashion, trading garment, textile material and accessories for the ambition to become the country's future garment, textile material and accessory hub.
Ho Chi Minh City has set targets of meeting 80-90 percent of Vietnam's demand for garments and textiles by 2020, and supplying 100 percent of accessories for the country's garment industry, the municipal authorities said Sunday.
However, Ho Chi Minh City will not establish large-scale garment and textile industrial parks, because the existing ones can accommodate all relevant enterprises, according to the municipal Department of Industry and Trade.
According to approved plans, the city has 23 industrial parks and export processing zones, of which 17 are operational. Most of garment and textile firms are now located in the export processing zones of Tan Thuan and Linh Trung, and the industrial parks of Tan Thoi Hiep, Tan Binh, Tan Tao, Tay Bac Cu Chi and Dong Nam.
Source From: Xinhuanet
- Vietnam, India boost cooperation in apparel industry July 17, 2018
- Chances for Vietnam’s leather industry abundant in 2018 July 15, 2018
- Facilitating the growth of textile and garment exports July 13, 2018
- The next generation for the textile industry. July 12, 2018
- Vietnam among top five global textile exporters July 10, 2018