Business investments rise strongly in HCM City
News Type: Expo News
HCM City attracted $1.37 billion worth of foreign direct investment in the first five months of this year, a year-on-year increase of 45.8 percent, according to the Department of Planning and Investment.
Authorities issued investment certificates to 283 new projects worth $342 million, while 81 existing projects increased their investment by $287 million.
The city also approved 775 M&A deals worth $742 million.
The processing and manufacturing industry attracted the biggest sum of nearly $123 million, followed by wholesale and retail, automobile and motorcycle repair, information and communications, and real estate.
Besides, 15,500 local companies were established in the period with a combined capital of nearly VND193 trillion (S$8.53 billion), increases of 10.4 per cent and 54.2 per cent year-on-year, the department said.
Over 22,000 others registered to increase their capital by a combined VND259.8 trillion.
Together, local investment rose by 2.4-fold to over VND453 trillion.
The business sector is expected to grow faster during the rest of this year since authorities have been making intensive efforts to improve the business environment, the department said.
Source From: intellasia.net
Related Link: Click Here
- VTG 2018- the Most Integrated Platform Maximum Your Visiting Experience in Once November 20, 2018
- VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Boost with United Platforms November 19, 2018
- The 8th Asian Tour of Global No.1 Dye-Chemical Show- Interdye Asia Grand open on 21st November 2018 November 17, 2018
- Press Conference: VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry September 26, 2018
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 September 20, 2018