HCM City aspires to enhance trade links with Italy
Release Date: June 3, 2017
VOV.VN - Ho Chi Minh City wishes to boost economic and trade cooperation between with Italy, thus practically benefiting to both sides, said Vice Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Huynh Cach Mang.
In his speech at a ceremony held by the Consulate General of Italy in Ho Chi Minh City on June 2 to celebrate Italy’s 71st Republic Day, Mang said relations between the two countries have been treasured by generations of leaders from both sides.
Ho Chi Minh City is a leading locality in Vietnam to increase collaboration with Italy, especially in trade and investment, he stated.
Italian Consul General Carlotta Colli, in turn said Vietnam-Italy traditional relations have been nurtured by the two nations’ leaders and people, particularly in investment, trade and culture.
Collaborations between the two sides have been expanded through people-to-people exchanges, she said, noting that Ho Chi Minh City was chosen to hold a string of major events of culture, fashion and trade between the two countries.
Last year, two-way trade reached US$4.7 billion, including US$603 million from Ho Chi Minh City. By May, 2017, Italy run 27 investment projects worth US$68.5 million in the southern metropolis.
Source From: The Voice of Vietnam
- Foreign investment surges 52% July 28, 2017
- Vietnam's garment, textile exports up 11 pct in 6 months July 12, 2017
- Vinatex invests in technology to expand market share June 30, 2017
- Textile and garment industry undergoes restructuring June 24, 2017
- Vietnam to build fashion design, textile material trading centers June 23, 2017