Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019
News Type: Expo News
Hanoi (VNA) – 2019 will be a challenging year for Vietnam’s textile and garment industry as it needs to obtain major breakthroughs to take on new roles in the global value chain, including shifting from simple processing - Cut, Make and Trim (CMT) - to purchasing materials, free on board (FOB), original design manufacturer (ODM) and original brand manufacturer (OBM) modes.
The information was heard at the seminar “Prospects for textile and garment export in 2019” held in Hanoi on September 20 as part of the Vietnam Hanoi Textile & Garment Industry Expo (HanoiTex) 2018.
Experts said that Industry 4.0 will have huge impact on Vietnam’s sector, forcing it to shake up and make heavy investments in both equipment and human resources.
Source From: Vietnam Plus
Related Link: Click Here
- Press Conference: VTG, VitaTex and VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry September 26, 2018
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile September 17, 2018
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan September 10, 2018
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea September 7, 2018
- Footwear industry at technological crossroads September 6, 2018