FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile
News Type: Expo News
Hanoi (VNA) – Free trade agreements (FTAs) in which Vietnam has joined are great momentum for the domestic garment-textile industry to attract investment, said an official of the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS).
VITAS Chairman Vu Duc Giang said although the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and the EU-Vietnam FTA (EVFTA) have yet to come into effect, they have significantly helped attract foreign investors in Vietnam’s garment-textile sector.
Importers of Canada, Australia and New Zealand have no longer focused only on China but turned towards Vietnam, he said.
Source From: Vietnam Plus
Related Link: Click Here
- Press Conference: VTG, VitaTex and VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry September 26, 2018
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 September 20, 2018
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan September 10, 2018
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea September 7, 2018
- Footwear industry at technological crossroads September 6, 2018