Footwear industry at technological crossroads
News Type: Expo News
Việt Nam’s footwear exports have been worth US$9.45 billion in the first half of this year, a year-on-year increase of 8.4 per cent.
According to the Việt Nam Leather and Footwear Association (Lefaso), footwear companies have faced challenges due to the US-China trade spat and rapid progress of the fourth industrial revolution.
Diệp Thành Kiệt, Lefaso’s deputy chairman, talks to Việt Nam News about these issues.
What are the advantages and challenges for the footwear industry and what do you think about its export prospects this year?
Việt Nam’s leather and footwear export can reach US$19.5 billion or slightly higher depending on the situation.
We see many advantages for Việt Nam’s leather and footwear sector.
Source From: VietNam Net
Related Link: Click Here
- Press Conference: VTG, VitaTex and VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry September 26, 2018
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 September 20, 2018
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile September 17, 2018
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan September 10, 2018
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea September 7, 2018