Footwear industry at technological crossroads
News Type: Expo News
Việt Nam’s footwear exports have been worth US$9.45 billion in the first half of this year, a year-on-year increase of 8.4 per cent.
According to the Việt Nam Leather and Footwear Association (Lefaso), footwear companies have faced challenges due to the US-China trade spat and rapid progress of the fourth industrial revolution.
Diệp Thành Kiệt, Lefaso’s deputy chairman, talks to Việt Nam News about these issues.
What are the advantages and challenges for the footwear industry and what do you think about its export prospects this year?
Việt Nam’s leather and footwear export can reach US$19.5 billion or slightly higher depending on the situation.
We see many advantages for Việt Nam’s leather and footwear sector.
Source From: VietNam Net
- VTG 2018- the Most Integrated Platform Maximum Your Visiting Experience in Once 2018-11-20
- VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Boost with United Platforms 2018-11-19
- The 8th Asian Tour of Global No.1 Dye-Chemical Show- Interdye Asia Grand open on 21st November 2018 2018-11-17
- Press Conference: VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry 2018-09-26
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 2018-09-20
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile 2018-09-17
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan 2018-09-10
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea 2018-09-07
- Textile-garment exports hit US$19.4 billion in eight months 2018-09-05
- Japanese apparel retailer Uniqlo poised for Vietnam entry 2018-09-04
- South Korea hungry for Vietnamese garment 2018-09-01
- Supply chain optimisation boosts VN garment firms' competitiveness 2018-08-29
- Garment-textile sector regains confidence of foreign investors 2018-08-22
- VN garment companies are selling better abroad 2018-08-20
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports 2018-08-12
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China 2018-08-07
- CPTPP, EVFTA help Vietnam’s garment-textile lure investment 2018-08-02
- Garment and textile exports likely to exceed set plan by US$1b 2018-08-01
- Textile export earnings forecast to up 1 bln USD against target 2018-07-31
- US continues to be key export market for Việt Nam. 2018-07-30