Textile-garment exports hit US$19.4 billion in eight months
News Type: Expo News
NDO - The exports of textiles and garments were reported at US$19.5 billion in the first eight months of 2018, an increase of 14.9% over the same period in 2017.
In August alone, the industry's exports were estimated at US$2.9 billion, up 1% over the previous month, raising the total export value in eight months to US$19.21 billion.
According to a report by VISecurities, the Vietnamese garment and textile industry has seen strong growth since 2002, with an annual growth rate of 20%.
Due to the economic recession in 2008, the industry's exports slowed down for a year before recovering and maintaining a steady annual growth rate of 15-20%.
Source From: Nhan Dan
Related Link: Click Here
- Press Conference: VTG, VitaTex and VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry September 26, 2018
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 September 20, 2018
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile September 17, 2018
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan September 10, 2018
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea September 7, 2018