Textile-garment exports hit US$19.4 billion in eight months
News Type: Expo News
NDO - The exports of textiles and garments were reported at US$19.5 billion in the first eight months of 2018, an increase of 14.9% over the same period in 2017.
In August alone, the industry's exports were estimated at US$2.9 billion, up 1% over the previous month, raising the total export value in eight months to US$19.21 billion.
According to a report by VISecurities, the Vietnamese garment and textile industry has seen strong growth since 2002, with an annual growth rate of 20%.
Due to the economic recession in 2008, the industry's exports slowed down for a year before recovering and maintaining a steady annual growth rate of 15-20%.
Source From: Nhan Dan
- VTG 2018- the Most Integrated Platform Maximum Your Visiting Experience in Once 2018-11-20
- VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Boost with United Platforms 2018-11-19
- The 8th Asian Tour of Global No.1 Dye-Chemical Show- Interdye Asia Grand open on 21st November 2018 2018-11-17
- Press Conference: VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry 2018-09-26
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 2018-09-20
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile 2018-09-17
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan 2018-09-10
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea 2018-09-07
- Footwear industry at technological crossroads 2018-09-06
- Japanese apparel retailer Uniqlo poised for Vietnam entry 2018-09-04
- South Korea hungry for Vietnamese garment 2018-09-01
- Supply chain optimisation boosts VN garment firms' competitiveness 2018-08-29
- Garment-textile sector regains confidence of foreign investors 2018-08-22
- VN garment companies are selling better abroad 2018-08-20
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports 2018-08-12
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China 2018-08-07
- CPTPP, EVFTA help Vietnam’s garment-textile lure investment 2018-08-02
- Garment and textile exports likely to exceed set plan by US$1b 2018-08-01
- Textile export earnings forecast to up 1 bln USD against target 2018-07-31
- US continues to be key export market for Việt Nam. 2018-07-30