Garment-textile sector raises export target to 35 billion USD
News Type: Expo News
The garment-textile sector expects to gross 35 billion USD in export turnover in 2018, higher than the target set at the beginning of the year, thanks to a large number of orders from foreign partners and bright prospects of the world and domestic economies.
Vice President of the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) Truong Van Cam said domestic businesses have received full orders for the third quarter of this year and are negotiating to secure long-term contracts through 2019.
Many garment-textile firms in the southern economic hub of Ho Chi Minh City revealed that they have received orders until the end of this year, even for the first months of 2019.
Source From: VNA
Related Link: Click Here
- Press Conference: VTG, VitaTex and VFM- Launching Edition of Footwear Machinery Industry September 26, 2018
- Vietnam’s textile and garment industry faces tough seas in 2019 September 20, 2018
- FTAs promise bright prospects for Vietnam’s garment-textile September 17, 2018
- Garment, textile exports likely to exceed US$1b plan September 10, 2018
- Vietnam competes with China to become top garment exporter in South Korea September 7, 2018