Garment-textile sector raises export target to 35 billion USD
Release Date: July 4, 2018
The garment-textile sector expects to gross 35 billion USD in export turnover in 2018, higher than the target set at the beginning of the year, thanks to a large number of orders from foreign partners and bright prospects of the world and domestic economies.
Vice President of the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) Truong Van Cam said domestic businesses have received full orders for the third quarter of this year and are negotiating to secure long-term contracts through 2019.
Many garment-textile firms in the southern economic hub of Ho Chi Minh City revealed that they have received orders until the end of this year, even for the first months of 2019.
Source From: VNA
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports August 12, 2018
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China August 7, 2018
- CPTPP, EVFTA help Vietnam’s garment-textile lure investment August 2, 2018
- Garment and textile exports likely to exceed set plan by US$1b August 1, 2018
- Textile export earnings forecast to up 1 bln USD against target July 31, 2018