Textile, garment export markets grow
Release Date: June 25, 2018
HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam witnessed a growth in textile and garment exports to most of the major markets in the first five months of 2018, reported the General Department of Việt Nam Customs.
Exports of textiles and garments to the markets of the member countries of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) accounted for 17.1 per cent of the country’s total garment export turnover, reaching US$1.87 billion.
Of this, the exports to Japan saw the highest increase at 22.6 per cent, reaching $1.39 million. The exports to Singapore rose by 22 per cent to $39.16 million, to Canada by 17.4 per cent, reaching $230.29 million and to Australia by 16 per cent, touching $79.41 million.
Source From: Viet Nam News
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports August 12, 2018
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China August 7, 2018
- CPTPP, EVFTA help Vietnam’s garment-textile lure investment August 2, 2018
- Garment and textile exports likely to exceed set plan by US$1b August 1, 2018
- Textile export earnings forecast to up 1 bln USD against target July 31, 2018